28 March 2014

Nashville Sweetheart by Rachel Hauck

★★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
What do you do when the past you've been dodging shows up at your door with cameras rolling?

Aubrey James ruled the charts as the queen of country for over a decade. She'd rocketed to fame in the shadow of her parents' death – both of them pioneers in gospel music. But while her public life – high-profile romances and fights with Music Row execs – made for juicy tabloid headlines, the real and private Aubrey has remained a media mystery.

When a former band member betrays Aubrey's trust and sells an "exclusive" to a tabloid, the star knows she must go public with her story. But Aubrey's private world is rocked when the Inside NashVegas interviewer is someone from her past – someone she'd hoped to forget.

All the moxie in the world won't let this diva run any longer.

Rachel Hauck’s Nashville Sweetheart (previously titled Diva NashVegas, I believe) is a lot of fun to read. Switching between classic first-person narrative, interview dialogue and media snippets to explore life in the spotlight of the country music world, Hauck kept me on my toes and I couldn’t put the novel down. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a quick inspirational read. Thanks again to BookLook Bloggers for providing me with a free digital copy of this novel, as well as the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment