29 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Own the Most Books From

Hosted weekly by The Broke and the Bookish.

Orson Scott Card: 12. I only have read and own his books stemming from Ender's Game, but those alone still nearly take up a shelf.

Agatha Christie: 23. I love her books, so every time I see one of them in a thrift store, I buy it. Admittedly, my collection of Christie novels has gotten a bit out of control.

Eoin Colfer: 17. I fell in love with Artemis Fowl - all eight of his books - and then decided to branch out into other Colfer novels, heartily increasing the collection. 

Ted Dekker: 28. Since he is one of my favorite authors, I have read nearly every book he has written. As soon as I see a new book coming out, I scramble to pre-order it.

Margaret Peterson Haddix: 9. One of my favorite series growing up was Shadow Children, so of course I had to buy and still own them all. 

"Carolyn Keene": 16. As a child, I went through a Nancy-Drew-buying phase. I'm not sure how many of those books I actually read, but I now have a bunch just sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read someday.

Lois Lowry: 8. Between The Giver Quartet and her Newbery winners and nominees, I have accumulated quite a few of her books.

Max Lucado: 9. More out of control thrift-store purchasing. I love the books of his I have read and now have plenty on my shelf still to read.

J. K. Rowling: 7. Two words: Harry Potter.

Nicholas Sparks: 10. What can I say? I'm not exactly proud that he made this list, but I am a sucker for romance.

4 comments:

  1. Dang! This list is impressive! I do own J.K Rowling's books but besides her, I don't own nearly this many books from a single author!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's almost funny how books just tend to accumulate on my shelves... Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. I really like Max Lucado, or I did. I haven't read them for several years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I've read from him has been good and I'm always intending to read more, yet haven't seemed to have the time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete