12 August 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Not Sure I Want to Read

Hosted weekly by The Broke and the Bookish.

Bear Attacks by Stephen Herrero. I love bears and decided to start reading this when I worked in Glacier National Park a few years ago. But then I got distracted with other books and never finished it. Every once in a while, I'll look at it on my shelf and wonder if I'll pick it up again.
Moby Dick by Herman Melville. I was supposed to read this novel for an American Literature course in college, and I've always said that one day I would read all those books I neglected during school. But now, I'm not so sure. 
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. This is one of those cases where I wanted to read the book and then saw the movie before actually reading the book. Ever since, I've been debating whether it's actually worth taking the time to read.


The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan. My brother has been trying to convince me to read the Ranger's Apprentice for years. I read the first one and it wasn't spectacular for me, so I don't know if I want to continue.
Charlie Bone and the Beast by Jenny Nimmo. When they first came out, I read all the Children of the Red King books. But then I lost track of the series and only recently discovered a few more that I hadn't read. I'm still debating whether I want to revisit this series.
Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs. I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway over a year ago and since I got it in the mail, it's just been sitting on my shelf. At this point, I'm not sure if it's worth it.


Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley. I read and reviewed the second book in this series, so I decided I wanted to read the first one. But after buying it, I moved on to other books and my motivation to read it has just kept dwindling. 
The Secret of Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson. I really enjoyed Peaches and want to read keep reading in the series. But the books have been sitting on my shelf for a couple years now and I just don't know when I'll get around to reading this one.
The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler. Similar to The Lovely Bones, I saw the movie and then bought the book at at a thrift store, thinking I wanted to read it. But I haven't yet gotten around to it - and I'm not so sure I will.


Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Another case of "saw the movie, bought the book at a thrift store." But again, now that I know the story, I don't know if I want to spend the time reading it when I have so many other books on my TBR list.

4 comments:

  1. The Water for Elephants movie was good but the book was FANTASTIC! I would definitely recommend reading it anyway, you won't regret it! Good luck :)

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I would say no to Lovely Bones just because there's so many better books out there to read.. and then I would say definitely pick up Drop Dead Healthy. A.J. is hilarious! I've loved all the other books I've read by him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up. I do enjoy a hilarious read. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete