18 December 2014

The Song by Chris Fabry


Goodreads | Amazon
Jed King’s life has been shaped by the songs and mistakes of his famous father. He wants to sing his own song, but the words and melody are elusive. Haunted by the scars inflicted by his broken family, Jed’s dreams of a successful music career seem out of reach...until he meets Rose.

As romance quickly blooms, Jed pens a new song and suddenly finds himself catapulted into stardom. But with this life of fame comes temptation, the same temptation that lured his father so many years ago.

Set in the fertile mid-South, this quest for success leads Jed and Rose on a journey that will force them to deal with the pain of loss, failure, and the desire to be who God created them to be.

Lyrical and deeply honest, The Song asks the hard questions of love and forgiveness. When even the wisest of men are fools in love, can true love persevere?

I loved Chris Fabry’s The Song so much more than I anticipated. This story transports the experience of Solomon, as well as his biblical writings of Song of Solomon and Lamentations, into a modern-day setting and explores his themes of love, faith and relationships. From the beginning, I really cared about the characters of Jed King and Rose Jordan and enjoyed seeing their relationship develop. But their journey isn’t an easy, happily-ever-after one. Though they have their share of joy and happiness, they also come to many points that are painful and frustrating to read. My heart broke for these characters and I found myself scrambling to remember how Solomon’s story ended, so I could best guess what would happen next. Overall, The Song is a beautiful story and I would definitely recommend it.

Thanks to Tyndale BlogNetwork, I received a copy of The Song and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment