31 January 2015

With Every Breath by Elizabeth Camden


Goodreads | Amazon
In the shadow of the nation's capital, Kate Livingston holds a respectable position as a government statistician when she encounters a rival from her past, the insufferable Trevor McDonough. A Harvard-trained physician, Trevor never showed the tiniest flicker of interest in Kate, and she's bewildered at the way he suddenly seeks her out. Surprising even herself, Kate agrees to Trevor's entirely unexpected and risky proposal to work side-by-side with him in his quest to rid the world of tuberculosis, a contagious and deadly disease. 

As Kate begins to unlock the mysteries of Trevor's past, she realizes there is much more to him than she could have imagined. His hidden depths may fascinate her, but his most closely guarded secrets and a shadowy enemy lurking in the background carry a serious threat to their future. 

When the truth of the past comes out, threatening to destroy everything they hold dear, how will Trevor and Kate ever overcome all that stands in their way?


I love that I have yet to be disappointed by an Elizabeth Camden novel. She has a wonderful way of bringing unique history to life with authentic characters. In With Every Breath, Camden fascinated me with the search for tuberculosis’ cure, since I never realized how rampant and deadly nature of this disease during the nineteenth century. And her main characters, Kate and Trevor, are so entertaining with their witty and competitive relationship. I just loved everything about this book. It is such an interesting read and I would recommend it for readers of historical romance.

Thanks to Bethany House and NetGalley, I received a copy of With Every Breath and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment