28 September 2015

Deadlock by Diann Mills

★★★★★
Two murders have rocked the city of Houston. Are they the work of a serial killer, or is a copycat trying to get away with murder?

That is the question facing Special Agent Bethany Sanchez, who is eager for her new assignment in violent crimes but anxious about meeting her new partner. Special Agent Thatcher Graves once arrested her brother, and he has a reputation for being a maverick. Plus, their investigative styles couldn’t be more opposite: he operates on instinct, while she goes by the book.

When hot leads soon fizzle out, their differences threaten to leave them deadlocked. But an attempt on their lives turns up the heat and brings them closer together, and a third victim might yield the clue that will help them zero in on a killer. This could be the case of their careers…if they can survive long enough to solve it.

Before Deadlock, I hadn’t read any books by Diann Mills, but this book, even as the third in her FBI: Houston series, still hooked me from the start. Full of crime drama and suspense, I could not stop reading and just had to know how everything would be solved. Special Agents Bethany Sanchez and Thatcher Graves make an interesting pair, working together to solve the crime, and I enjoyed seeing them interact - not only in the context of crime, but romance and faith also. It’s an excellent read, and I think fans of the series will not be disappointed with Deadlock. Now, I’m certainly interested in reading more from Diann Mills.

Thanks to Tyndale BlogNetwork, I received a copy of Deadlock and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment