25 March 2016

A Powerful Secret by Dr. Kevin Leman & Jeff Nesbit

About the Book
★★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon 
Sean has always felt like an outsider in his own family.
Now he must risk never achieving what he wants most--his father's love.

Billionaire globe-trotter Sean Worthington is stunned when his older brother suddenly abandons the Senate race in New York and walks away without a backward glance. As campaign manager, Sean's left to handle the media feeding frenzy with no answers. Worse, their father--as usual--backs Will, the "perfect" son.

Frustrated by his father's lack of belief in him, Sean determines to finally move on and forge a unique path. But when a powerful secret is revealed, threatening everything Sean has counted on, he must wrestle with shocking truths…and combat the power brokers behind the scenes who have the Worthington family in their crosshairs.

A Powerful Secret tells a story full of politics, corporate intrigue, and manipulation, as Sean Worthington decides how to move forward when his brother abandons his run for Senate. The Worthington family has an interesting dynamic, making them excellent characters for the storyline, and the well-crafted suspense, drama, and intriguing secrets surrounding them kept me reading page after page to see what would happen next. It’s a satisfying read - I really liked it and recommend it.

I’ll note that since A Powerful Secret is the second Worthington Destiny book, I imagine reading A Perfect Ambition first helps to understand the character and their backgrounds better. However, I managed to easily read and enjoy this second book on its own - though I’m certainly interested to read the first now. 

Thanks to Revell Reads, I received a copy of A Powerful Secret and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment