05 April 2016

Code 13 by Don Brown

★★★★★
A billion-dollar contract for the sale of drones to the Navy, the largest drone contract in history, puts two Navy JAG officers in the gun sights of a mysterious killer.

Caroline is just getting her feet wet at the prestigious Code 13, but is thankful for at least one familiar face—old flame, PJ McDonald. He loops her into the assignment he is currently working on—the legality of a proposed drone-sharing contract with Homeland Security that would allow the sale of drones for domestic surveillance. The contractor wants a legal opinion clearing the contract for congressional approval. But the Mob wants the proposal dead-on-arrival.

But when McDonald is gunned down in cold blood and a second JAG officer is killed, one thing becomes clear: Whoever is ordered to write the legal opinion on the drones has become a target. Which is exactly why Caroline goes to her commanding officer and volunteers to write the legal opinion herself. She is determined to avenge PJ’s death, and trap the killer, even if that means making herself a target.

It is a deadly game of Russian roulette for the sake of justice. But Caroline is determined to see it through, even if it costs her life.

Don Brown’s Code 13 fascinated me simply because I don’t often read books that involve the military and politics with such prominence and detail. But I’m glad I chose to pick up Code 13 - it’s an exciting read with great suspense, action, intrigue, and varying points of view. The storyline of the proposed drone contract grabbed my attention from the start and kept me interested with plenty of surprises all the way to the end. I really enjoyed reading Code 13 and would recommend it to interested readers.

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers, I received a copy of Code 13 and the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment