16 May 2016

Fading Starlight by Kathryn Cushman

★★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
A tale of unexpected friendship and old Hollywood glamour.

Lauren Summers is hiding. Her fashion house internship should have launched her career, but a red carpet accident has left her blackballed. The only job she finds is unpaid, but comes with free lodginga run-down cottage in the shadow of a cliff-side mansion. Unsure of what comes next, she's surprised to be contacted by a reporter researching a reclusive former Hollywood ingénue who lives in the nearby mansion. 

Kendall Joiner wants Lauren's help uncovering the old woman's secrets. In return, she'll prove the red carpet accident was a publicity stunt so Lauren can regain her former job. With all her dreams in front of her, Lauren's tempted by the offer, but as she and the old woman get to know each other, Lauren realizes nothing is quite as it seems.

I loved Kathryn Cushman’s Fading Starlight. With dreams and scandals, secrets and fashion, especially with an encouraging thread of faith woven through it all, it held my interest firmly from beginning to end. I so enjoyed the well-developed cast of characters, discovering their reactions to the difficult situations that arise, and Cushman does such a good job of translating Lauren’s passion for fashion onto the page that I couldn’t help loving it, too. An excellent contemporary inspirational novel, Fading Starlight is a perfect choice for fans of this genre, and I recommend it.

Thanks to Bethany House, I received a copy of Fading Starlight and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment