09 June 2016

No Other Will Do by Karen Witemeyer

★★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
Men are optional. That's the credo Emma Chandler's suffragette aunts preached and why she started a successful women's colony in Harper's Station, Texas. But when an unknown assailant tries repeatedly to drive them out, Emma admits they might need a man after all. A man who can fightand she knows just the one.

Malachi Shaw finally earned the respect he craved by becoming an explosives expert for the railroad. Yet when Emma's plea arrives, he bolts to Harper's Station to repay the girl who once saved his life. Only she's not a girl any longer. She's a woman with a mind of her own and a smile that makes a man imagine a future he doesn't deserve.

As the danger intensifies, old feelings grow and deepen, but Emma and Mal will need more than love to survive.

I absolutely love Karen Witemeyer’s books, so it should be no surprise that I loved No Other Will Do. Set the all-female Harper’s Station, this story is a lot of fun with great action, danger, and of course, romance. Emma Chandler is full of spunk and determination, and Malachi Shaw is just so wonderful—I love the relationship that develops between these two characters, especially considering their shared history. I’m sure No Other Will Do will please other fans of historical romance, too, and I highly recommend it.

Thanks to Bethany House, I received a copy of No Other Will Do and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment