29 June 2016

When Mountains Move by Julie Cantrell

★★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
In a few hours, Millie will say “I do” to Bump Anderson, a man who loves her through and through. But would he love her if he knew the secret she keeps?

Millie’s mind is racing and there seems to be no clear line between right and wrong. Either path leads to pain, and she’ll do anything to protect the ones she loves. So she decides to bury the truth and begin again, helping Bump launch a ranch in the wilds of Colorado. But just when she thinks she’s left her old Mississippi life behind, the facts surface in the most challenging way.

That’s when Millie’s grandmother, Oka, arrives to help. Relying on her age-old Choctaw traditions, Oka teaches Millie the power of second chances. Millie resists, believing redemption is about as likely as moving mountains. But Oka stands strong, modeling forgiveness as the only true path to freedom.

Together, Bump, Millie, and Oka fight against all odds to create a sustainable ranch, all while learning that the important lessons of their pasts can be used to build a beautiful future.

Julie Cantrell’s When Mountains Move continues Millie’s story that began in Into the Free. While I haven’t yet read Into the Free, I still very much enjoyed reading When Mountains Move. Millie’s story is full of ups and downs as she marries, moves across the country, and faces the challenges of both starting a new life and keeping a secret of the past. It’s a well-told story of second chances and forgiveness, and I loved seeing Millie grow throughout the novel. I highly recommend When Mountains Move (but readers who like to read books in order, definitely start with Into the Free - I know I’m now eager to pick this one up soon).

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers, I received a copy of When Mountains Move and the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment