07 October 2016

The Friday 56: When I Fall in Love

Hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
  
Happy Friday!

This week, because it's World Smile Day, I'm sharing from the first Christiansen Family book I read, When I Fall in Love. Not only does the entire series have smiley covers, but every time I picked up one of its books, I couldn't stop smiling. So, enjoy! 


"'I'm so sorry. It's... I guess I'm nervous. It's not just the flying. Or the fact that I know I'm going to have a terrible time. I'm supposed to meet someone in Hawaii. My sister set me up, and the more I think about it, the worse I feel.'"




Goodreads Synopsis:
Hawaii was the last place Grace Christiansen ever imagined she’d vacation, much less fall in love. But when her family surprises her with a cooking retreat in paradise, she is pulled—or maybe yanked—away from her predictable, safe life and thrown headfirst into the adventure of a lifetime.
Maxwell Sharpe may make his living on the ice as a pro hockey player, but he feels most at home in the kitchen. Which is why he lives for the three-week culinary vacation he takes each year in Hawaii. Upon being paired with Grace for a cooking competition, Max finds himself drawn to her passion, confidence, and perseverance. But just when Grace dares to dream of a future beyond her hometown, Max pulls away.
Wrestling with personal demons, Max fights against opening his heart to a love he knows he should never hope for. And as his secrets unfold, Grace is torn between the safe path in front of her and what her heart truly desires. If love means sacrificing her ideal happily ever after, Grace’s faith will face its toughest test yet.

So... what book makes you smile?

16 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this author but I love family series and this sounds like a book I'd really enjoy! Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you check it out!
      Thanks for stopping by, Katherine!

      Delete
  2. When I Fall In Love sounds like such a good book. I'm going to add this one to my goodreads TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - I hope you get to read it!
      Thanks for stopping by, Breana!

      Delete
  3. Max and Grace sound like fascinating characters. I always enjoy a good love story, especially one set in Hawaii.
    My Friday post features The Songbird’s Call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! And their love story is just wonderful.
      Thanks for stopping by, Sandra! I'll be sure to check out your post.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a nice romance with a great setting. This week I have Death Among Rubies by R. J. Koreto - a historical mystery. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is!
      Thanks for stopping by, Kathy! I'll be sure to check out your post.

      Delete
  5. Going by the cover, it looks like the arranged meeting goes swimmingly:)

    My Friday 56 from The Appeal Of Evil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. ;)
      Thanks for stopping by, Laura! I'll be sure to check out your post.

      Delete
  6. I love the song When I Fall in Love. Perhaps the book is as good.My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure think so. :)
      Thanks for stopping by, Anne! I'll be sure to check out your post.

      Delete
  7. I love Susan May Warren's books. Always sweet reads! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are!
      Thanks for stopping by, Freda!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a cute read!

    Check out my Friday Linkups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!
      Thanks for stopping by, Lauren! I'll be sure to check out your post.

      Delete