02 July 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #3

Hosted weekly by The Book Date.

Happy Monday!

And July, too! How is it July already?

It was a mostly calm week last week. I did spend more time than I liked working on a project for my statistics class (not my idea of fun!), but I also went to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (a lot of fun!) with a friend, have been watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine (so funny!) for the first time, and managed to read a variety of books, too. Not a bad week, I'd say.


WHAT I READ LAST WEEK


Airman by Eoin Colfer
A boy, a princess, a desire to fly, and a political conspiracy that changes everything. I had a lot of fun reading this story.

The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
Four friends and a haunted boarding school, a determined journalist and decades-old murders. Simone St. James puts all the aspects of the story together well and kept me intrigued from the first page to the last. I loved this book.

Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
A YA dystopian novel about a society in which only law-abiding perfection is tolerated. It left me very interested to see what would happen in the next book, Perfect.

Honeysuckle Dreams by Denise Hunter
Again, I'll say that I love Denise Hunter's novels, and the marriage-of-convenience romance plot is a definite favorite of mine. So, naturally, I enjoyed this book.

The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
Well, I couldn't resist reading this one a second time... And I'm happy to say I enjoyed it as much as the first time.

The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
I've been meaning to read more classics for years, so I'm glad I can check another one off my list.


WHAT I'M READING NOW


Duty to the Crown by Aimie K. Runyan
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Love's Silver Lining by Julie Lessman


WHAT I HOPE TO READ THIS WEEK


Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray
Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
The Knowing by Sharon Cameron
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett


LAST WEEK'S POSTS
Top Ten Tuesday: Series I Want to Finish Soon
Waiting on Wednesday: An Hour Unspent
 Review: A Vast and Gracious Tide by Lisa Carter
The Friday 56 & First Line Friday: Loving Grace
 

What are you reading this week?

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed at how many books you've read this week and so far this year! I'll be lucky to hit my 52 books on my Goodreads challenge! lol I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2018/07/what-im-reading-7218.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely books. I think I put The Kiss Quotient in my head as a possibility to read and sounds like I should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be reading The Kiss Quotient soon. My weekly updates

    ReplyDelete
  4. A statistics project sounds like the worst thing ever. I have The Knowing on my TBR shelf, but I don’t have the first book, so I can’t read it. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice lot of books. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete