09 July 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #4

Hosted weekly by The Book Date.

Happy Monday!

Phew, what a busy week last week turned out to be. In addition to my usual blend of work, school, and reading, I helped my brother and sister-in-law move to town, had dinner with other visiting relatives, finally exchanged Christmas presents with a couple friends, and went paddle boarding to enjoy the beautiful, but HOT weather. I had a lot of fun, but I can't deny that I'm looking forward to a little less excitement this week.


WHAT I READ LAST WEEK


Defy the Stars & Defy the Worlds by Claudia Gray
A fun YA space-adventure-romance between a soldier and a machine. I need Book 3 now.

Duty to the Crown by Aimie K. Runyan
An excellent sequel to Promised to the Crown. I loved it.

The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron
A YA fantasy-dystopia in which everyone must record the details of their lives before they forget. I reread this fantastic book with the intention of reading The Knowing next, but unfortunately, that audiobook loan expired before I could listen to more than a chapter.

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
A sweet story of friendship and storytelling, hardship and a princess mentality that makes everything bearable.

Newlywed Games by Mary Davis
A cute fake-relationship romance. Of course, 99% of the angst could have been avoided with a conversation that started with, "Hey, I have a crush on you," but it was all still a lot of fun.

Not That I Could Tell by Jessica Strawser
The most disappointing BOTM mystery I've read. Where were the suspense and the surprise?

The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer
With all the adventure, wit, and magic I love about the Artemis Fowl series, this sixth book involves time travel, an extinct lemur, and Artemis's most challenging nemesis yet: himself.

Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
A YA alternative-history adventure. I'm excited to continue the series this week with Iron to Iron and Blood for Blood.


WHAT I'M READING NOW


Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Iron to Iron by Ryan Graudin


WHAT I HOPE TO READ THIS WEEK


Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
Head Over Heels by Jill Mansell
The Leaving by Tara Altebrando
Other People's Houses by Abbi Waxman


LAST WEEK'S POSTS

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #3
Top Ten Tuesday: Books With Red, White & Blue Covers
Spotlight: Dead Drift
Waiting on Wednesday: On Magnolia Lane
Review: Love's Silver Lining by Julie Lessman
The Friday 56 & First Line Friday: Sons of Blackbird Mountain

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment