24 July 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Books With Sensory Reading Memories

Hosted weekly by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Happy Tuesday!

I have read a lot of books in my life, and for various reasons, some are more memorable than others. Here are a few of the memorable books, stories aside, that easily bring to mind the specific feelings and circumstances I had while reading.



A Bouquet of Love by Janice Thompson: I can't remember this book without craving gyros.
Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay: I found this book as I began to re-embrace my love of reading in all my post-school free time, so thinking of this book never fails to evoke happiness.


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: When I think of this book, I'm once again sitting in my car in bumper-to-bumper Chicago traffic in the rain, sobbing on my way to work.
The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins: This book is so strange that I can't forget the experience of reading it in a tent during a family trip to Utah.


Rare Bird by Anna Whiston-Donaldson: This book made me ugly-cry, and because I sneaked reading it at work, it always reminds me of hiding red, puffy eyes from my co-workers all day.
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers: One of my all-time favorite books, I still remember flying through it twice in one weekend trip, reading in the car and the hotel and wherever else I could.


This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab: When I hear "beach read," I think of this book every time. I read it on the beach in Hilton Head and I can't seem to separate memories of sand, waves, and sunburn from the monstrous story.
Vienna Prelude by Bodie & Brock Thoene: One of the first not-assigned-for-school adult books I read, this book takes me back to anti-socially reading during a New Year's party because I had to know what would happen.
The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen: I read this in one late-night sitting when I needed a fun YA romance. It's a dark and exhausted, but so, so happy memory.


Which books recall vivid memories for you?

3 comments:

  1. How funny. I would never think of This Savage Song as a beach read, but I love that you connect it that particular time reading it on the beach.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying with Fault in Our Stars--I was right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Library at Mount Char is on my endless tbr, & reading in a tent sounds so cozy, though I think I'd be annoyed and uncomfortable if I tried it outside of my imagination.
    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete