03 March 2014

A March Bride by Rachel Hauck

★★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
Susanna has found her true prince, and their happily ever after is just around the corner. But when Nate asks her to give up something precious to her, Susanna can’t help but wonder if it’s a sign that their love is not meant to be.

Susanna Truitt is three weeks from royalty. She’ll soon marry King Nathaniel II of Brighton Kingdom. But when the government insists she renounce her American citizenship before the wedding, coupled with the lack of involvement by family and friends, Susanna’s heart begins to doubt whether this marriage is God's plan for her.

Nathaniel would do anything for his bride-to-be. But he knows his position requires that she give up a lot to be with him. Her life will never be her own – right down to her very identity. When she travels home to St. Simon’s Island, Georgia, right before the wedding, Nathaniel fears she won’t return. Gathering his courage, he devises a plan to win his bride all over again, and together they seek out a kingdom to treasure above all.

The fourth installment in A Year of Weddings, Rachel Hauck’s “A March Bride” provides a follow-up to the heartfelt romance of Once Upon a Prince. Of course I jumped at the opportunity to once again be swept away in Susanna’s modern-day fairytale. I could not wait to see how Susanna and Nathaniel reached the altar. Though Susanna’s doubt and Nathaniel’s determination, Hauck revives her characters with realistic – and heart-aching – conflicts and swiftly brings them to life-altering, reassuring conclusions on identity and sacrifice. To completely understand this challenging and growing relationship between Susanna and Nathaniel, I would recommend reading Once Upon a Prince prior to “A March Bride.” However, I believe it would function as a quick and heartwarming read for anyone with an interest in inspiration romance and a few free hours. And once again, I cannot conclude my review until I thank BookLook Bloggers for providing me with a free copy of this book and the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment