26 April 2014

An April Bride by Lenora Worth

★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
War changes everything… even their love.

Bride-to-be Stella Carson can't wait to marry her longtime sweetheart Marshall Henderson. But Marshall has been away serving his country and has suffered a head wound. After being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, he has distanced himself from Stella, asking her not to visit him in a Washington, D.C., hospital. Marshall returns to Louisiana just four weeks before the wedding, but as the big day draws near, Stella wonders if the man she's loved for most of her life has become someone else. Can true love conquer all for Stella and Marshall, even the tragedy of war?

Lenora Worth’s “An April Bride” is the fifth installment in Zondervan’s novella collection, A Year of Weddings. In reading each novella, I have been amazed at how each author crafts her story uniquely, bring together a bride and a groom under completely differing circumstances from those preceding. Lenora Worth provides no exception, exploring the repercussions of going to and returning from war. Yet, while the relational circumstances intrigued me, the redundancy in many of the conversations of whether or not to call off the wedding became a bit wearying – my only qualm with this novella. Nevertheless, as a sucker for happy endings, I enjoyed “An April Bride” and would recommend it along with the other A Year of Weddings novellas for a quick afternoon read. As always, I cannot conclude my review until I thank BookLook Bloggers for providing me with a free digital copy of this novella and the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment