28 October 2016

The Friday 56: The Vile Village

Hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
  
Happy Friday!

Recently, I've been having fun reading through A Series of Unfortunate Events, which I shamefully neglected in my younger years, so I decided to spotlight one this week. I haven't quite reached the seventh book yet, The Vile Village, but I will, fingers crossed, soon. Enjoy!


"'We'll have to be very careful, though. The Council of Elders has so many rules that you can scarcely do anything without breaking one of them.'"




Goodreads Synopsis:
Dear Reader,  
You have undoubtedly picked up this book by mistake, so please put it down. Nobody in their right mind would read this particular book about the lives of Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire on purpose, because each dismal moment of their stay in the village of V.F.D. has been faithfully and dreadfully recorded in these pages. I can think of no single reason why anyone would want to open a book containing such unpleasant matters as migrating crows, an angry mob, a newspaper headline, the arrest of innocent people, the Deluxe Cell, and some very strange hats. It is my solemn and sacred occupation to research each detail of the Baudelaire children's lives and write them all down, but you may prefer to do some other solemn and sacred thing, such as reading another book instead.  
With all due respect,
Lemony Snicket

Have you read any of this series already?

4 comments:

  1. A book I should read, but I have seen the movie and loved it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a book that's been on my TBR list for a long time. Must get round to it soon. Thanks for the reminder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was teaching junior grades, the children were really into these books. Lemon Snicket has an interesting writing style. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite series when I was younger!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete