25 October 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books With Halloween-Related Elements

Hosted weekly by The Broke and the Bookish.

Happy Tuesday!

Since it's the last Tuesday in October, it's time to talk about Halloween-related books. I don't read a lot of horror, so some of my choices might seem like a bit of a stretch. Still, each of these books has an element (or two) that reminds me of Halloween.



And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie: Because murder and mystery.
Annabel Lee by Mike Nappa: Because the Edgar Allan Poe reference.


The Diviners by Libba Bray: Because spirits and supernatural and a Ouija board.
Gilt Hollow by Lorie Langdon: Because the night of the Sleepy Hollow Ball is a big one for the characters, in addition to a "haunted" house and talk of a ghost.


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn: Because it's dark and twisted.
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman: Because (I haven't actually read this one yet, so I'm just assuming here) a graveyard.


Immanuel's Veins by Ted Dekker: Because vampires.
The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins: Because this cover, plus elements of horror.


Monster by Frank Peretti: Because monsters.
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab: Because, again, monsters.


What books remind you of Halloween?

8 comments:

  1. Great list! I loved Annabel Lee. And Agatha Christie is a big fav for road trip listening. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank Perretti! I haven't read him in years and years. And, as a librarian, I suppose I should read The Library at Mount Char. Shudder. I'm not big on being terrified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are definitely Halloween reads! I really need to get to my copy of The Library of Mont Char!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Graveyard Book is such a classic - dark and spooky, but with elements of magic and whimsy. Unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Diviners has been on my TBR for awhile now; I just have yet to pick it up. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson reminds me of Halloween. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read a lot of these, like The Diviners, Library at Mount Char (which I own), and This Savage Song. I like books with Halloween-type elements.

    -Lauren
    http://letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com/2016/10/top-five-favorite-tv-witches-by-zoraida.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really do want to read Annabel Lee soon! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gone Girl is totally dark and twisted! To think that you could be married to someone, and at the same time they could be plotting against you like that. Creepy!

    My TTT: http://girlaboutlibrary.blogspot.com/2016/10/five-haunting-books-you-should-read-top.html

    ReplyDelete