12 May 2014

Until I Found You by Victoria Bylin

★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
Finding each other was only the beginning…

When Kate Darby swerves off a mountain road to avoid hitting a California condor, she ends up trapped in her car, teetering on the edge of a cliff. Terrified, she breathes a prayer that changes her life.

It's Nick Sheridan who comes to Kate's rescue. Nick is handsome and confident, and he seems to develop a habit of rescuing her, but Kate is in town only until her grandmother recuperates from a stroke. She's not planning to get involved with one of the locals.

Nick is a reformed veteran of life in the fast lane, a new Christian, and a travel writer. When he sees a car dangling on the edge of a cliff, the daredevil in him jumps into action. He doesn't expect to be swept off his feet by the car's occupant. He's made a vow 
 no dating for a year  but keeping that vow is going to be a lot more difficult now that he's met Kate Darby...

Admittedly, I wanted to love Victoria Bylin’s Until I Found You a lot more than I did. Perhaps I set my expectations a bit high because of a beautiful cover and exciting summary blurb… For me, after the initial chapters detailing the edge-of-a-cliff car accident and subsequent modern-day-knight-in-shining-armor rescue, the pace of the novel slowed down, and I did not feel driven by a plot-based urgency to keep reading. I think this kept me from being fully engrossed in the characters and their paths to the ending. Yet, Until I Found You is still a pleasant, heartwarming read. Bylin engages her characters in real struggles of fear and trust and love, showing faith as a decision and a process instead of a one-time cure-all and happily-ever-after. So, it is a worthwhile read on a lazy weekend, and I thank Bethany House and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of the novel and the opportunity to honestly review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment