09 June 2014

Liebster Award

Thanks, Rayleigh, for nominating my blog for this award!

Here it is: my first not-a-book-review post on Book by Book. I didn’t know this day would come, but it certainly has arrived with unexpected style.
The Rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. List 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
4. Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
5. Ask them 11 questions.
6. Let them know about the nomination.

11 Facts About Myself:
1. My go-to “weird” fact is “I have never used a port-a-potty.”
2. Glacier National Park is probably my favorite place on Earth. If I could snap my fingers and just be there, I would.
3. I am purposefully training myself to be a morning person.
4. If I had to pick one book to be my favorite, it would be The Giver by Lois Lowry.
5. I have absolutely no aspirations of ever skydiving - not even for my bucket list.
6. My brothers like to make fun of me because I laugh out loud when I read.
7. I love to eat out of a coffee mug.
8. I hate moths. They gross me out.
9. I habitually check out from the library more books than I could possibly have the time to actually read.
10. Mustard is my favorite condiment.
11. I have no recollection of anyone pronouncing my full name correctly on the first try.

Rayleigh’s 11 Questions:
1. Flip-flops or cowboy boots?
I’ve never worn cowboy boots, so I’ll have to go with flip-flops. Besides, I don’t think I could pull off cowboy boots.

2. If you could have absolutely any animal in the world as pet (can be extinct), which would it be and why? And just a bonus question here, what in the world would you name it?????
Definitely a polar bear. Hands down. His name would be Ronald.

3. Favorite reading genre?
I’m a sucker for historical romance, but I’ll read just about anything.

4. Your plane crashes on a deserted island that has nothing but thorns, poisonous animals, and constant rain. Which fictional character keeps you from totally losing your mind and comes up with a brilliant plan of escape?
Batman.

5. Favorite classic book?
Is The Catcher in the Rye considered a classic yet?

6. Do you prefer the story of Old Yeller or Where the Red Fern Grows?
Where the Red Fern Grows. (But I only have experience with the movies...)

7. Favorite color?
Red.

8. Mexican food, Chinese food or seafood?
Oh, tough choice, but I’m going to say, “Chinese food.”

9. Favorite season?
Sweater season. I love to rock my thrift-store treasures.

10. Is there a book that you think needs a better title? If yes, then what would you rename it?
Honestly, I’ve never thought about this before… So, off the top of my head, I can’t think of any.

11. Favorite card game?
Gin.

Now, this is where I am supposed to nominate nine other bloggers for the Liebster Award and then give them eleven questions to answer. While I would love to promote other bloggers and their blogs, I am unfortunately not too connected within the great blogosphere and know next to zero bloggers. So, I’ll deviate from the rules and just stop here. (Lame, I know.)

Well, it's time for me to return to hiding behind the books. I'll be back soon with more book reviews. In the meantime, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment