19 August 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books People Have Been Telling Me I MUST Read

Hosted weekly by The Broke and the Bookish.


A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. This is a current obsession for one of my friends. It seems that most of our conversations eventually turn to this series and she usually tells me it would be best if I just read the books.
Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard. This is my brother's favorite book. If you ask him for a book recommendation (and I have), here it is - every time. 
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This recommendation has been following me for years, ever since I was supposed to read it in middle school.


The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. Most of my friends love love love this series and are usually appalled to hear that I have yet to complete any of the three books. I cannot escape this recommendation.
Take a Chance on Me by Jill Mansel. My sister-in-law recently went through a Jill Mansel phase and recommended any and all of her books. This particular one just stuck out to me.
The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan. The Ranger's Apprentice books are another brother's favorite books and he has been trying to convince me to read them for years. I read the first one, but according to him, I must keep reading in the series.


The Rook by Steven James. Several members of my family love this series and have, on several occasions, told me to keep reading it and not stop with The Pawn.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Alright, so no one has actually recommended this book to me in person. But I've seen so much praise of it all over the internet that I felt it had to be included in the list.
The Diviners by Libba Bray. I don't remember exactly how this book ended up on my TBR list, but it has since been affirmed as a must-read by friends.


Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick. My mother has mentioned this book to me several times when talking about good books to read.

2 comments:

  1. Please read A Game of Thrones, it's so good.
    I need to read Anna and the French Kiss too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely planning to read it (when I have the time to conquer such a huge book). Thanks for stopping by, Charlotte!

      Delete