14 October 2014

The Covered Deep by Brandy Vallance


Goodreads | Amazon
Bianca Marshal is holding out for the perfect husband. Finding a man that meets the requirements of her must-have list in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains has proven impossible. Bianca’s mama insists that there’s no such thing as a perfect true love, and that Bianca’s ideal man is pure fiction. On the eve of her twenty-fifth birthday, Bianca discovers a devastating statistic: her chance of marrying is now only eighteen percent. Unwilling to accept spinsterhood, Bianca enters an essay contest that propels her into a whirlwind search for her soulmate. Via the opulence of London and the mysteries of the Holy Land, Bianca's true love will be revealed, but not without a heavy price.

I must say, both the cover and the synopsis of Brandy Vallance’s The Covered Deep had me hooked from the get-go. I love a good historical romance and I set my expectations high for this one – and luckily, it did not let me down. I have read a lot of novels set in the late 1800s, especially recently, but rarely do they venture into the Holy Land, as The Covered Deep does. So, this novel’s setting, rich in vivid historic detail, offers a new and intriguing look at that era, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. To this refreshing setting, Vallance adds plenty of intriguing mystery, heartening (albeit a bit instant) romance and inspiring themes of faith and forgiveness. For fans of inspirational historical romance, The Covered Deep is an all-around great read and I certainly recommend it.

Thanks to Worthy’s First Look, I received a copy of The Covered Deep and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment