13 May 2022

Their Alaskan Past | First Line Friday + The Friday 56

First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Reading Is My SuperPower.
The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.

Happy Friday!

It's been a summery hot week, so I could use a trip north to Alaska...


First Line: Being back home in Owl Creek, Alaska, felt more painful to Ace Reynolds than a tooth extraction.

From Page 56: Surely, Ace would do whatever was in the best interest of the rescue dogs who desperately needed his help.




ABOUT THE BOOK

She broke his heart years ago,

But now she needs his help.

Veterinarian Maya Roberts has complicated feelings about her ex—Iditarod racer Ace Reynolds—returning to Owl Creek, Alaska. But he’s the perfect person to help with her dog rescue. Now they’re working together, caught by their tangled past and still-unresolved feelings for each other. But a second chance with Ace isn’t just about forgiveness. It means sharing the secret that’s kept them apart…



Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Reading Is My SuperPower and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cute book.

    Have a great weekend

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/05/13/the-friday-56-the-attic-child-by-lola-jaye/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!
    I’m currently reading Potiphar’s Wife by Mesu Andrews.
    “Potiphar escaped his chamber with the relief of a prisoner on the run.”
    I hope you have an excellent weekend filled with fun reading time. 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy reading and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting setting! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever I am in a slump, I look for a Harlequin to get me out. It could be a Love Inspired book, or any one of their collections, they just seems to always work for me. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first line this week is from When The Meadow Blooms by Ann Gabhart:
    February 27, 1925
    “You will never be completely well. Tuberculosis leaves it’s mark on your lungs.”

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this story! I love reading about sled dogs. I just started At Love's Bidding by Regina Jennings and the first line is: "Behind the massive marble building where even in May the crisp sea air never chased away the odors ground unto the cobblestone, the newsboys and shoe-shinners gathered, waiting in her."

    On my blog is the first line is from To Tame a Cowboy by Jody Hedlund. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/05/13/to-tame-a-cowboy/

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete