16 January 2015

Butterfly Palace by Colleen Coble


Goodreads | Amazon
When Lilly Donnelly arrives at the Cutlers' famed Butterfly Mansion in 1899, the massive house and unfamiliar duties threaten to overwhelm her. Victorian Austin is lavish, highly political, and intimidating, but with the help of the other servants, Lilly resolves to prove herself to her new employers.

Then, while serving at an elegant dinner party, Lilly recognizes one distinguished guest as Andrew, the love of her life, who abandoned her without a word back home. He seems to have assumed a new identity and refuses to acknowledge her, leaving her confused and reeling.

Before Lilly can absorb this unwelcome news, she's attacked. Could it be the sinister Servant Girl Killer who has been terrorizing Austin? Or is it someone after something more personal - someone from her past?

Does she dare trust Andrew to help or is he part of the danger threatening to draw Lilly into its vortex?


The cover of Colleen Coble’s Butterfly Palace has me interested from the start, eager to find out what would happen within the walls of such an impressive mansion. And then, once I started reading, I was hooked. Within the historical setting, Coble creates a puzzling set of intertwining mysteries, involving a whole cast of interesting characters and heartwarming romance. Butterfly Palace is a novel that kept me both guessing and entertained, and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend it for fans of historical mystery and romance.

Thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley, I received a copy of Butterfly Palace and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment