12 January 2018

The Friday 56 & First Line Friday | Oath of Honor

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

This week, I'm getting an exciting start to the weekend with the start of Lynette Eason's newest series, Oath of Honor (series: Blue Justice). Enjoy!


First Line: Officer Izzy St. John plopped down at the table of one of Columbia, South Carolina's, finest Chinese restaurants and opened the fast-food carton of General Tso's chicken and white rice.

From Page 56: It occurred to her why he was here. He wanted to make sure that he hadn't left any evidence behind from earlier.




ABOUT THE BOOK
Police officer Isabelle St. John loves her crazy, loud, law-enforcement family. With three brothers and two sisters, she's never without someone to hang out withor fight with. And she knows they'll be there for her when things get tough. Like when her partner is murdered and she barely escapes with her own life.

Determined to discover exactly what happened, Izzy's investigation sends her headfirst into a criminal organization, possibly with cops on the payrollincluding someone from her own family. With her dead partner's handsome homicide detective brother Ryan shadowing her every move, Izzy's head is spinning. How can she secure justice for her partner when doing so could mean sending someone she loves to prison? And how will she guard her heart when the man she's had a secret crush on for years won't leave her side?

Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books* and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.


*This week, Hoarding Books is hosting a diversity/Civil Rights-themed FLF to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

13 comments:

  1. I've been to Columbia, South Carolina so now I'm curios about this read.

    I'm sharing A Letter from Lancaster County by Kate Lloyd on my blog today, but I'm currently reading Isaiah's Daughter by Mesu Andrews so I'll share that here.

    732 BCE (Spring)
    Judean Wilderness

    My friend Yaira said to be brave - but why? Brave or scared, we kept marching. She told me to be a big girl, not to cry, but I'm only five and I've seen big men crying.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to this book!!! I’m diving into Missing Isaac by Valerie Fraser Luesse today!
    A sleepy purple twilight wrapped around the farmhouse, its tall windows glowing with warmth from somewhere inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this one, especially the part about the MC's family. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “BEST DAY EVER”

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great read (no surprise from Lynette Eason) and I want the next one now!!

    I’ll share the first line from the next book on my TBR list: Until We Find Home by Cathy Gohlke: Lightning crackled, splitting the night sky over Paris, illuminating letters painted on the bookstore window across the street: La Maison des Amis des Livre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read this one!

    PROLOGUE

    Night crept over the hills, smothering the landscape in a cocoon of darkness that would hide him in a few minutes. - Haven of Swans by Colleen Coble

    Happy Friday and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!

    My First Line Friday comes from a book I will be reading later this month, The Upside of Falling Down by Rebekah Crane....

    I was born twice. The first time was on July 9 to Paul and Mimi Haas in Cleveland, Ohio. My mother died six years later.


    Have a great weekend and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great book!

    Happy Friday!!!!

    Today on my blog, I am sharing the first line from the novel The Gift of the Inn by Golden Keyes Parsons. So here I will leave the first line from the book I am starting next, Troubled Waters by Susan May Warren.

    Chapter 1
    "Sierra should have brought marshmallows."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these Fridays & reading the first lines from all these books I've either enjoyed or want to read!

    My first line is from Rush by Jayme Mansfield:

    "I can't stop shivering when I sleep alone."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm intrigued!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was an intriguing read and kept you guessing. I love Lynette Eason's writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm another Lynette Eason fan! This looks like it's going to be a great series.

    I'm sharing the first line from Lady Jayne Disappears by Joanna Davidson Politano on my blog. It has so many great lines!

    I'm currently reading 'Aint Misbehaving by Marji Lane. Here's the first line:

    "Her future wasn't the only thing at stake."

    ReplyDelete