06 February 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Books That Have Been on My TBR the Longest

Hosted weekly by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Happy Tuesday!

It's been too many months since I last joined in the Top Ten Tuesday fun, but I'm happy to be back making lists! 

When I started thinking about all the books on my TBR, my list quickly turned from simply "Books That Have Been on My TBR the Longest" to "Books I Should Have Read in School, But Didn't & Have Been Meaning to Read Ever Since"to my shame. But I'm trying to motivate myself to read more classics this year, so hopefully, they won't all still be unread in December.



Frankenstein by Mary Shelley: I know Frankenstein is the doctor, not the monster.
Hamlet by William Shakespeare: "To be or not to be..."


Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy: Depressing.
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott: I know basically everyone loves the March sisters.


The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: A bucket list read for me, and it's happening this year, I swear. (I've seen all the movies, so these books really shouldn't be that hard for me. But all that description!)
The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare: I know it involves a pound of flesh.


The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne: What I know comes from Easy A.
The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner: I was so confused when I tried to read this sophomore year of high school.


A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte: I've actually mostly heard terrible things about this book. Plus, Twilight.


Which classics I should read ASAP?  And which should I just ignore?

2 comments:

  1. This is kind of how mine ended up! a list of books never got around to reading in school and mean to read one of these days! Little Women is 100% worth it. :D
    http://sarahthelibrarygirl.blogspot.com/2018/02/at-bottom-of-my-tbr-top-ten-tuesday-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had Little Women that long (I have the same edition you feature - so pretty!), but in the back of my mind, I think it has always been a book I'd like to read. Especially as I do adore the film. Maybe I'll read it before seeing the new adaptation!! :)

    ReplyDelete