10 September 2014

Destined for Doon by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon


Goodreads | Amazon
In this sequel to Doon, Mackenna Reid realizes she made a horrible mistake - choosing to follow her dreams of Broadway instead of staying in the enchanted land of Doon. To make everything worse, she's received her Calling - proof she and Duncan are each other's one true love - and it's pure torment, especially when visions of the very alluring Scottish prince appear right before she goes on stage. So when Duncan tells her an ancient curse threatens to overtake Doon and the new queen needs her to return, Kenna doesn't have to think twice. With darkness closing in on all sides, Kenna and Vee must battle a world of nightmares in order to protect the kingdom. But it will take the ultimate test of courage for Kenna to salvage her happily ever after.

I only recently picked up Doon and then (almost immediately) Destined for Doon by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon, and I can’t believe I waited so long. Corp and Langdon create an imaginative, magical and engaging world called Doon, and while reading their books, I couldn’t help wishing I could step over the bridge and be right there. I admit I was completely envious of the two central characters, Veronica and Mackenna, for their chance at high adventure and princely romance. I can definitely say I thoroughly enjoyed these books.

Now, Destined for Doon picks up shortly after the end of Doon – with Doon in another precarious, life-or-death situation and Mackenna desperately hoping for a second chance at love. As Mackenna and Veronica come together to try to save their beloved land a second time, Corp and Langdon fill their well-written story with adventure, romance, clever cultural references and important lessons of forgiveness and second chances. Once I started reading, I just couldn’t stop – Destined for Doon is an addicting read. I absolutely loved it (even though there were plenty of moments I wanted to shake Mackenna and Duncan for their stubbornness). I highly recommend both Doon and Destined for Doon and I can’t wait to see what’s next in store for Veronica, Mackenna and their world of Doon.

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers, I received a copy of Destined for Doon and the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment