03 September 2014

Love Story: The Hand That Holds Us From the Garden to the Gate by Nichole Nordeman


Goodreads | Amazon
Based on the #1-selling Christian album The Story (EMI/WOW), lyricist and Grammy-nominated artist Nichole Nordeman helps readers embrace God’s relentless, loving pursuit of the most weak and sinful among us from the beginning of time.

Love Story is an exquisite narrative that exposes the emotional and human underside of major biblical events, including Adam and Eve’s dramatic fall in the Garden of Eden, Sarah and Abraham’s struggle to have a child, Mary’s surprise at being pregnant with Jesus, Paul’s trauma on the road to Damascus, and concludes with a triumphant picture of the second coming of Christ. This book is a dramatic connecting point for all readers, inspiring them to grasp the poignant nature of God’s immense, all-consuming love.

Nichole Nordeman’s Love Story takes a refreshing look through the lives of well-known biblical characters. Though I’ve known the details of the stories of Abraham, Joseph, Ruth and Mary (among others) for many years, I still found Nordeman’s perspective and voice very insightful, beneficial and straightforward. She brings each story to life, highlighting accurate and relevant themes and deftly tying in her own experiences. Often I found myself scrambling for a pen to underline the many thought-provoking phrases. I definitely enjoyed reading Love Story (and the unexpected treat of getting to know a bit more about the artist I’ve heard on the radio) and I certainly recommend it. It’s a worthwhile read.

Thanks to Worthy’s First Look, I received a copy of Love Story and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment