20 December 2014

The Patmos Deception by Davis Bunn


Goodreads | Amazon
An ancient island holds an ancient secret…

Nick Hennessy, 
a young Texas journalist yearning for his big break, finds himself in Europe – his assignment, to investigate the alarming disappearance of invaluable Grecian antiquities. Nick has the credentials – and cover ID – to unearth the truth. And he knows just the researcher to help him...
 
Carey Mathers, fresh from her studies in forensic archeology, has accepted a job with the prestigious Athens Institute for Antiquities – a dream come true, really, particularly when the Greek isle of Patmos, where the Apostle John received his vision of the Apocalypse, was a particular focus of her research.
 
Dimitri Rubinos, for whom the Greek islands represent his life, holds on by his fingernails to the family charter boat business. But his country's economic chaos isn't the only thing that has turned his world on its head…


The Patmos Deception by Davis Bunn was a nice change of pace from the romance I have been reading recently. With a mystery to solve, a crime to stop, an investigation to complete, this novel had me intrigued from start to finish. Each of the main characters fits nicely into the novel’s premise with unique passions and pursuits and I enjoyed seeing them crossing paths and interacting to figure out what was really happening. Additionally, the peeks into Greece’s past and present, rich in detail and culture, fascinated me and I learned quite a bit. Overall, The Patmos Deception is a fantastic read and I would recommend it.

Thanks to Bethany House and NetGalley, I received a copy of The Patmos Deception and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment