23 February 2015

By Your Side by Candace Calvert

★★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
ER nurse Macy Wynn learned essential, gritty lessons in the California foster care system: land on your feet and trust no one. She’s finally located the fellow foster child she loves like a sister, but the girl’s in deep trouble. Macy’s determined to help, no matter what it takes. Her motto is to “make it happen” in any situation life throws at her – even when she butts heads with an idealistic cop.

Deputy Fletcher Holt believes in a higher plan, the fair outcome – and his ability to handle that by himself if necessary. Now he’s been yanked from Houston, his mother is battling cancer, and he’s attracted to a strong-willed nurse who could be the target of a brutal sniper.

When everything goes wrong, where do they put their trust?


I haven’t read any of Candace Calvert’s previous books, but I definitely enjoyed the time I spent with the pages of her newest novel, By Your Side. A fast-paced story bringing traumatic situations to life (as well as the people who handle them), this novel was hard for me to put down. Page after page, I kept rooting for Macy and Fletcher, as they swiftly dealt with the drama their occupations throw at them, bantered their way into a sweetly budding romance and learned valuable lessons of faith, trust and control. All in all, By Your Side is a great read, and now I cannot wait to read more from Candace Calvert.

Thanks to Tyndale BlogNetwork, I received a copy of By Your Side and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment