11 March 2016

Annabel Lee by Mike Nappa

About the Book
★★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
Fourteen miles east of Peachtree, Alabama, a secret is hidden.
The secret's name is Annabel Lee.

She doesn't know why her enigmatic uncle has stowed her deep underground in a military-style bunker. He's left her with a few German words, a barely controlled guard dog, and a single command: "Don't open that door for anybody, you got it? Not even me."

Miles away in Atlanta, private investigator Trudi Coffey is visited by a mysterious older man calling himself Dr. Smith. He's been trailing a man for a decade--a man she met through her ex-partner Samuel Hill--and the trail has led him to her office. The last thing Trudi wants to do is to contact Samuel. But it will take both of them to unravel this mystery--before it's too late.

I love a good book so intriguing it won’t let me stop reading - and Mike Nappa’s Annabel Lee is one such book. Once I started reading it, I just had to keep reading until I knew how it would end. Nappa fills the storyline with a great mix of characters and navigates them through a series of suspenseful twists and turns. I really enjoyed the entirety of this first Coffey & Hill novel and look forward to the next one, The Raven. For interested readers, I highly recommend it - Annabel Lee is a gripping and entertaining read.

Thanks to Revell Reads, I received a copy of Annabel Lee and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment