08 September 2016

The Domino Effect by Davis Bunn

★★★★★
Goodreads | Amazon
Esther Larsen, a leading risk analyst at one of the country's largest banking institutions, is becoming more and more convinced that she has uncovered a ticking bomb with the potential to overshadow 2008's market crash. And as her own employer pursues "investment" strategies with ever-increasing levels of risk, she becomes convinced she must do something. Yet what can one person really do? 

The markets are edging closer to a tipping pointlike the teetering first domino in a standing row that circles the globe. And when Esther does sound the alarm, she wonders if anyone will take her seriously. But as public support grows for her ideas, so does the desperation of those whose conspiracy of greed she seeks to expose. With global markets on the brink, and her own life in danger, Esther is locked in a race with the clock to avert a worldwide financial meltdown. 

This fast-paced suspense novel will make you wonder where the fiction ends and reality begins...

The Domino Effect is quite a thriller. I don’t usually read financial-focused fiction, but Davis Bunn does such an excellent job of keeping his story accessible and understandable for the ordinary reader that I couldn’t help getting caught up in all the suspense. Esther Larsen, a risk analyst who foresees a financial crisis, is a fascinating character to follow through the action and excitement of this twisting and turning book, and I so enjoyed her story. I had a bit of a hard time putting it down, so The Domino Effect kept me reading late into the night. Fans of thrillers and suspense, this book is a great pick for a next read—I recommend it.

Thanks to Bethany House, I received a copy of The Domino Effect and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment