24 April 2020

Her Hidden Hope | First Line Friday + The Friday 56

First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.
The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.

Happy Friday!

Jill Lynn's fourth Colorado Grooms book is one of the many books I'm hoping to cram into this weekend—and I'm excited to get into what's sure to be a quick, sweet read.


First Line: Evan Hawke no longer considered a particular place home, but the city of Westbend, Colorado—where he'd spent his childhood—was fighting him on that idea like a boxer with a mean left hook.

From 56%: Baby steps. There's nothing wrong with baby steps. You still have time. Evan isn't going anywhere. Yet.




ABOUT THE BOOK

She once trusted him with her heart…

but will she ever trust him with the truth?

With only two weeks to renovate her family’s Colorado B and B, struggling single mom Addie Ricci can’t turn away help. Especially not when it’s her handsome high school sweetheart, Evan Hawke, who’s offering to pitch in. As they repair the B and B, Addie and Evan also begin rebuilding their relationship… until a secret from their past threatens to bring it all crashing down.



Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

9 comments:

  1. My first line is from chapter 6 of One Hundred Valleys by Bonnie Leon:
    The Indians had kept moving, but Emmalin held on to the rifle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from "Collateral Damage" by Lynette Eason:

    "Sergeant First Class Asher James stared at Captain Phillip Newell, sure that he'd heard wrong."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good one! :-) Love Inspired are a great collection of Harlequins that always make me smile when reading them. Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing the first line from Smoke Screen by Terri Blackstock: "He left me for a size-two selfie star and didn't want me to make a scene."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2020/04/first-line-fridays-smoke-screen-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy Her Hidden Hope. I did! I’m currently reading Sweet As Honey by Jennifer Beckstrand and the first line is “Dan Kanagy stopped his open-air buggy in the middle of the deserted road and turned on his flashlight.” I hope you have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a good dog on the cover! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday!
    On my blog I'm sharing from Being Known by Robin Jones Gunn. It's such an EXCELLENT story. Currently, I'm reading Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner. I'm just getting into chapter 2 so I'll share a line from there.
    "Meemaw? Are you home?"
    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this promises to be an interesting second chance romance :)
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Colorado. What a great setting. And a B&B renovation! This sounds good, Hallie. I hope you are enjoying it. Have a good weekend. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete