10 March 2015

No Longer a Slumdog: Bringing Hope to Children in Crisis by K.P. Yohannan

★★★★★
“He would lock me in a small room with the animals. Days turned into weeks, and my stomach would growl. He never gave me enough to eat,” said Nadish. “Weeks turned into months, and my body would ache. The work was hard, and there was never enough time to rest. Months turned into years, and I began to think that this would never end.”

But through a miraculous event, Nadish found his way back into the loving embrace of his mother. Dr. K.P. Yohannan’s book, 
No Longer a Slumdog, unveils the true-life accounts of many of South Asia’s children, like Nadish. The message hits hard. He speaks of “winds of change” and a powerful move of God.

The children’s stories tell of going from a life of heartache and poverty to finding joy, laughter and a bright future. Despite the affliction these children face, Yohannan shows us there’s opportunity for change as many find new life in God’s redeeming love.

No Longer a Slumdog inspires faith that a better tomorrow is truly possible.


K.P. Yohannan’s No Longer a Slumdog is a haunting read. Based on his experience doing missions in Asia, Yohannan delivers heartbreaking facts and stories of children living in horrific and unimaginable conditions. Yet, thankfully his book is not without hope. He tells of the good work Gospel for Asia’s Bridge of Hope has been doing in the lives of thousands of children, meeting both physical and spiritual needs. No Longer a Slumdog is one of those books you cannot put down without feeling compelled to help in some way. It’s inspiring and stirring and well worth the read. I highly recommend it - be sure to order a free copy here.

Thanks to FlyBy Promotions Blogger Network, I received a copy of No Longer a Slumdog and the opportunity to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment