26 June 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Series I Want to Finish Soon

Hosted weekly by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Happy Tuesday!

This week, the official TTT topic is "series or trilogies I don't plan to finish." Yet, as I looked through my books, I realized I have far more series on TBR that I still want to finish than those I don't. I have every intention of reading some of these books very soon, but we'll see how that goes (ha!).



A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: A fairy-tale-inspired fae story. I read A Court of Thorns and Roses last year and have been meaning to read the next two (and a half) books ever since.
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian: A high-school revenge story with three unlikely friends. I read Burn for Burn a few months ago, but need to read the next two.


An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: A brutal ancient-Rome-inspired YA fantasy story. I read An Ember in the Ashes & A Torch Against the Night a couple years ago, but A Reaper at the Gates just released and I think it's time for a reread to catch up.
The Giver Quartet by Lois Lowry: A dystopian classic for YA. The Giver has long been one of my favorite books, but I haven't made progress with the rest of the series yet. A reread of The Giver in January convinced me to remedy that.


The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo: A Russian-inspired YA fantasy story. I read and enjoyed Shadow and Bone last year, but just didn't have time to finish the series. Yet.
Jackaby by William Ritter: A Doctor-Who-meets-Sherlock-Holmes YA historical fantasy story. I had a lot of fun reading Jackaby and really need to keep reading the series.


King Raven by Stephen R. Lawhead: A story retelling the legend of Robin Hood. I started reading Hood a few months ago, but wasn't in the mood to finish it right then. I'm hoping to give it a second try soon.
The League of Princes by Christopher Healy: A fairy-tale mash-up adventure story. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom is a whole lot of laugh-out-loud fun, so I'm excited to keep reading the series soon.


Legend by Marie Lu: A YA sci-fi/fantasy story. I read both Legend and Prodigy several years ago, but life got busy before I could read Champion. This is another series I'm hoping to reread in order to catch up.
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart: A story involving gifted children and, what else, a mysterious society. The Mysterious Benedict Society is another book I enjoyed several years ago... I think it's clear now that I have a problem finishing series in a timely manner.


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: A time-travel romance story involving a swoon-worthy Scottish warrior. I finally read Outlander last month and need to read the next books ASAP.
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani: A boarding-school story about training fairy tale heroes and villains. The School for Good and Evil is a fun twist on the familiar fairy-tale storyline, and I can't believe I haven't continued the series yet.


Summer by Jenny Han: A YA contemporary story about a girl and two boys she's known for years. So, I didn't love The Summer I Turned Pretty when I read it a couple years ago... But it's summer and I'm in the mood for contemporary romance, so I'm thinking I'll give the rest of the series a shot.
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: Another TA contemporary story about a girl and the boys in her past. I LOVED To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You and I'm hoping to love Always and Forever, Lara Jean just as much.


Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: A YA fantasy story involving an assassin and politics. I finally read Throne of Glass and (most of) Crown of Midnight last year. I did enjoy them, but my poor series-finishing skills kept me from reading more. I should probably catch up before another doorstop of a book gets released, haha.
The Young Elites by Marie Lu: A YA fantasy with an anti-heroine at the center. I read The Young Elites a couple years agoI remember liking it, but must have gotten distracted with other books because I didn't read the next books. At this point, I want to reread the first book before continuing the series.


What series have you not finished yet? Or have given up?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous26/6/18 10:36

    I've read The Giver and Outlander and they were both excellent. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha - laughing at this because I feel your pain: "I think it's clear now that I have a problem finishing series in a timely manner." :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still really (really!) want to give Jenny's 'Summer' series a chance. Alas, I haven't yet. But I am currently reading 'Boys' and am LOVING it. SO. GOOD. Oh, and Marie's 'Legend' books are on my TBR list too!!

    ReplyDelete