25 June 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #2

Hosted weekly by The Book Date.

Happy Monday!

I went camping over the weekend to enjoy the lovely summer weather, but the rest of the last week was mostly uneventful—and I'm not complaining about that. I happily managed to get quite a bit read.


WHAT I READ LAST WEEK


Ain't She a Peach by Molly Harper
 Oh, this was fun. It's a hate-to-love romance for Frankie and the new sheriff in Lake Sackett, and I loved it.
Received through Netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own.

Boomerang by Noelle August
 Another fun contemporary romance. That's definitely been my reading mood lately.

Fireworks by Katie Cotugno
 A YA romance-and-friendship story featuring the boy/girl-band fad of the '90s.

Flower by Elizabeth Craft & Shea Olsen
This book had incredibly frustrating moments with its off-again-on-again YA romance... BUT it fit my reading mood, so I still enjoyed it.

The Hostile Hospital by Lemony Snicket
Ditto what I said about The Vile Village last week.

Keeping the Moon, Dreamland & This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
I love Sarah Dessen's books. This summer, I'm rereading all her books in publication order, and I'm so happy about it.

99 Days & 9 Days & 9 Nights by Katie Cotugno
Had I read 99 Days before the recent release of 9 Days & 9 Nights, I probably would have just been annoyed with Molly's indecision. Reading the duology together, however, I really enjoyed seeing the character growth. And the European adventure is fun, too.

The Perfect Neighbors by Sarah Pekkanen
A domestic story focusing on neighborhood friendships with a touch of mystery, this was probably my least favorite book of the week. 
  
Promised to the Crown by Aimie K. Runyan
A fascinating historical novel featuring three women who travel to New France to be brides. I need to read the sequel now.

Sweetbriar Cottage by Denise Hunter
 Oh, my heart. I love Denise Hunter's novels, and this was a good one. A second-chance romance with a history involving a number of sensitive topics.


WHAT I'M READING NOW


The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
A Vast and Gracious Tide by Lisa Carter


WHAT I HOPE TO READ THIS WEEK


Airman by Eoin Colfer
Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith


LAST WEEK'S POSTS
 
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #1
Review: A Rebel Heart by Beth White
Review: Unbreakable by Sara Ella
Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Read at the Beach
Waiting on Wednesday: The Proposal
The Friday 56 & First Line Friday: Sweetbriar Cottage


What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment