22 March 2024

pippi longstocking | first line friday + the friday 56

first line friday is hosted weekly by reading is my superpower.
book beginnings is hosted weekly by rose city reader.
the friday 56 is hosted weekly by my head is full of books.

happy friday!

the sun is out, the birds are chirping, and i'll be working all weekend—but at least i have audiobooks to keep me going with some adventures, too.


first line: way out at the end of a tiny little town was an old overgrown garden, and in the garden was an old house, and in the house lived pippi longstocking.

page 56: all the children sat looking at pippi, who lay flat on the floor, drawing to her heart's content.

 


about the book

Tommy and Annika have a new neighbor: red-haired, freckle-faced Pippi Longstocking, who has upside-down braids and no parents to tell her what to do. The three children have the most rollicking adventures on their own, with horses and monkeys, the circus, and more!



now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
and be sure to stop by reading is my superpower,  
rose city reader, + my head is full of books for a peek into other books.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday!
    I'm currently reading One Wrong Move by Dani Pettrey. I'm almost done!
    "Harper and Deckard stood outside Randy Fox's door."
    I hope you have a great weekend! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading Pippi Longstocking when I was a kid, but I don't remember anything about the story other than her braids! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great excerpts. Love the cover, too. Here's mine: BOOKISH FRIDAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Pippi Longstocking! I grew up reading about her. My daughter and I read this and the second book a few years ago together. It was such fun. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete