17 July 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Favorite Novellas & Short Stories

Hosted weekly by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Happy Tuesday!

In recent years, I've found that I love to read novellas and short stories every now and then. The ones I pick up are usually fun and cute and very easy to enjoyand romantic, of course. So, here are a few of my favorite novella and short-story romances.

I'm not mentioning too many Christmas novellas this week because while I love them, my favorites already ended up on my list last week—go check that TTT out, too.



A Bride for All Seasons & Four Weddings and a Kiss by Margaret Brownley, Debra Clopton, Mary Connealy & Robin Lee Hatcher: Two collections of loosely connected novellas, these western romances are so fun.
 

The Cupcake Dilemma by Jennifer Rodewald & As Easy as Riding a Bike by Bell Renshaw: Adorable contemporary romances.


My True Love Gave to Me & Summer Days and Summer Nights, edited by Stephanie Perkins: Two fun & seasonal short story collections from popular YA authors.


Love at First Laugh by various authors: A collection of entertaining rom-com stories.
Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell: A nerdy, Star Wars-centric short story that left me wanting more.


Then Came You by Becky Wade: The dramatic start to the Bradford Sisters Romance series. So good.
This Quiet Sky by Joanne Bischof: A historical story that will bring out all the tears.
Three Little Words by Melissa Tagg: The entertaining, hate-to-love start to the Walker Family series.


A Year of Weddings #1 & #2 by various authors: Two delightful wedding-centric novella series that take place over the course of the year.


And as a bonus, here are a few of the short story collections I need to read soon:


The Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor
Once Upon a Laugh by various authors
Timeless Love by various authors
The Umbrella Man and Other Stories by Roald Dahl


What novellas and short stories do you enjoy?

4 comments:

  1. My True Love Gave to Me was so cute. I especially love Kiersten White's story in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these and didn't even know Rainbow Rowell had a novella! Off to check these out on Goodreads! Here's my TopTen: https://myendlessshelf.weebly.com/home/toptentuesday-top-ten-favourite-novellasshort-stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked My True Love Gave To Me and Summer Days & Summer Nights. Both had some pretty good stories in them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I liked those Stephanie Perkins anthologies. I still need to read Kindred Spirits. I tried to buy it when it came out, but Amazon wouldn’t let me because it wasn’t available in my country.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete