17 September 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #14

Hosted weekly by The Book Date.

Happy Monday!

It was an exhausting week of way too much homework, sanity breaks with Brooklyn Nine-Nine, UnREAL, and The Darkest Minds (I need to read the book now!), and good meals with friends.


WHAT I READ LAST WEEK


So. Much. Poker. It's an okay crime thriller.

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
I'm glad road trips aren't like this anymore.

Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
Yes! I loved spending time in Romania with Audrey Rose and Thomas. They're clever and witty, and as they sorted through the mystery and legend surrounding the murders, I couldn't help being enthralled.

A decent mystery with math and interesting family dynamics.

The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova
A road trip through beautiful Bulgaria featuring an urn of ashes and a dangerous story. Fascinating, but a little longer than necessary.

The Summer Wives by Beatriz Williams
A fantastic drama full of romance, mystery, and scandal.

The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht
It's strange, but I think I enjoyed it.


WHAT I'M READING NOW


Beginner's Luck by Kate Clayborn
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman


WHAT I HOPE TO READ THIS WEEK


Aftercare Instructions by Bonnie Pipkin
Olivia Twist by Lorie Langdon
Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis


LAST WEEK'S POSTS

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #13
Review: An Unpresentable Glory by Eleanor K. Gustafson
Top Ten Tuesday: Hidden Gems
Waiting on Wednesday: Escaping From Houdini
Review: Hidden Among the Stars by Melanie Dobson
The Friday 56 & First Line Friday: Holding the Fort
Review: Everything She Didn't Say


What are you reading this week?

5 comments:

  1. Hunting Prince Dracula has been calling my name. I have managed to resist so far. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously have been wanting to read Legacy of Kings for years but of course haven't gotten around it yet. I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Zorba the Greek about twenty years ago. I remember really liking it. Hope you do too. My weekly updates

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Tiger’s Wife before I started blogging. I remember it took me months to finish. It was definitely strange. Have a good week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Olivia Twist! I'm reading WAY too many books right now. I think the count it at four currently. Really need to stop read 2-3 so I can focus on one and actually finish something!! :)

    ReplyDelete