13 August 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #9

Hosted weekly by The Book Date.

Happy Monday! 

The week was relaxed and the weekend was busy. I'm happy with my reading.


WHAT I READ LAST WEEK


Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman
A super cute, fake-relationship YA romance.

Beloved by Toni Morrison
Eh. Another Great American Read book I didn't love.

A culinary, pirate-y delight of a story.

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
This is so much more readable than I anticipated of a Russian classic, and I really enjoyed it.

The Finnish Line by Linda Gerber
A fun, study-abroad YA story set in Finland.

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
I love stories that involves a grumpy, solitary character unintentionally becoming part of a community.

A Murder in Time by Julie McElwain
When an FBI agent travels through time and works to solve a crime in the early 1800s, the story is a great mystery-adventure to read.

Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton
An excellent YA novel of mental illness, friendship, and romance.


WHAT I'M READING NOW


Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
The Lawman's Secret Vow by Tara Randel
Secrets of Nanreath Hall by Alix Rickloff


WHAT I HOPE TO READ THIS WEEK


Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko by Scott Stambach
The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager


LAST WEEK'S POSTS

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #8
Waiting on Wednesday: In Too Deep
 Spotlight: Never Let Go
Review: Nice to Come Home To by Liz Flaherty
The Friday 56 & First Line Friday: In 27 Days
Review: A Rumored Fortune


What are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. Words on Bathroom Walls sounds good. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't enjoy Beloved much despite it being a classic. I've been wanted to read Fredrik Backman's novels! They all sound so quirky and interesting. Words on Bathroom Walls is one I got in a book box but never got around to - is it good?

    My post is here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hallie, Crime and Punishment has been left unread on my shelf far too long. I'm glad you were surprised by it. I guess I'm just not ready for it yet. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete