10 August 2018

The Friday 56 & First Line Friday | In 27 Days

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

With a unique YA premise that delivers a great story of friendship, In 27 Days by Alison Gervais was a fantastic read for me this week. I'm so glad I finally picked it up.


First Line: There was something off.

From Page 56: The surprised look on Archer's face quickly gave way to an annoyed one as he stared at me over the top of his book. "What are you doing?" he demanded.

Quotes taken from an Advanced Reader's Copy.




ABOUT THE BOOK
Hadley Jamison is shocked when she hears that her classmate, Archer Morales, has committed suicide. She didn't know the quiet, reserved guy very well, but that doesn't stop her from feeling there was something she could have done to help him.

Hoping to find some sense of closure, Hadley attends Archer's funeral. There, Hadley is approached by a man who calls himself Death and offers her a deal. If Hadley accepts, she will be sent back 27 days in time to prevent Archer from killing himself. But when Hadley agrees to Death's terms and goes back to right the past, she quickly learns her mission is harder than she ever could have known.

Hadley soon discovers Archer's reasons for being alone, and Archer realizes that having someone to confide in isn't as bad as he'd always thought. But when a series of dangerous accidents starts pushing them apart, Hadley must decide whether she is ready to risk everything - including her life - to keep Archer safe.

Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! My first line is from Other People's Children by Ellen Fannon (which I have laughed so hard through the little bit I started reading): Prologue:

    "Why are children so childish?" Robin groused to herself as she sat valiantly attempting to put two coherent thoughts together for her newspaper column that was due tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!😎

    My first lines come from Carolina Mercy by Regina Rudd Merrick.....

    Lucy Dixon wanted it to be a bad dream, but it wasn’t. Auto pilot. It was the only way she was getting through this. Daddy was dead.

    Have a great weekend and happy reading!😊📚💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intersting concept. I will look for this book. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! On my blog, I'm featuring a Regency romance by Sally Britton, "The Gentleman Physician." I'm still reading it so I will share the first line in Chapter 20 here. "Are you going to resume glaring at Miss Devon when she returns?" Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both snippets lured me right in, along with that cover! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "My lungs burned, sweat stung my eyes, and every muscle screamed, but running was an escape from my over-controlled life and the rush of adrenaline and fresh mountain air a drug I couldn't get enough of.

    Serenade (The Nightmusic Trilogy Book 1) by Heather McKenzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. TGIF! On my blog, I'm featuring The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins. "Carolyn, blood-drenched and barefoot, walked alone down the two-lane stretch of blacktop that the Americans called Highway 78." It's a new one I picked up and it sound intriguing! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday!

    I shared the first line of the 8th book from the In Death series, Conspiracy in Death. But here, I'll share with you the first line of one of the books I'm currently reading. This one is from Kit Frick's "See All the Stars."

    JUNE, SOPHOMORE SUMMER
    (THEN)

    We went to the party because Ret insisted. I was perfectly happy right where we were: lying on our backs in Jenni's sprawling front yard, building our best-ever summer playlist, telling time by the dandelion clocks until the sky was a white haze of down. We were idle and airy. We had perfected the summer loaf.

    Hope you enjoyed that. Happy weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday! I'm sharing from the third Lady Alkmene Callender Cosy Mystery on my blog today. Here are the first lines from the fourth, Fatal Masquerade by Vivian Conroy:

    "Can't this thing go any faster?" Denise Hargrove snapped at the driver. During the drive she'd consulted her watch over and over again, exuding a nervous energy Lady Alkmene Callender found hard to place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds intriguing! Thanks very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete