15 October 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #18

Hosted weekly by The Book Date.

Happy Monday!

It's been a good week. I had a little less homework to do than in recent weeks, which meant more time with friends, enjoying the beautiful fall days (despite short bouts of snow), and reading fun books.


WHAT I READ LAST WEEK


Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
A very interesting story about race, culture, and home.

City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
Super cute and super fun.

 Disappointing. I expected a creepy read, but mostly, it bored me.

Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout
A great YA thriller about a girl with amnesia and a missing best friend.

The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel
A decent thriller.

The Governess Game by Tessa Dare
Another fun historical romance for the Girl Meets Duke series.

The Last Thing I Told You by Emily Arsenault
Another decent thriller.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
I loved this book. It's wonderful.


WHAT I'M READING NOW




WHAT I HOPE TO READ THIS WEEK


The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Ten by Gretchen McNeil
The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins


LAST WEEK'S POSTS

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #17
Review: Fallen Leaves by Tessa Emily Hall
Top Ten Tuesday: Longest Books I've Read
Spotlight: Dive Team Investigations
Waiting on Wednesday: The Kingdom of Copper
Review: Indivisible by Travis Thrasher
Review: Lady of a Thousand Treasures by Sandra Byrd
Review: A Tale of Two Hearts by Michelle Griep


What are you reading this week?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Hallie! Americanah and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn were both books on my TBR for this year. How did you enjoy them?

    Here is my IMWAYR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful assortment of books. I hope you enjoy this week's picks. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still reading Tower of Dawn, which is taking me forever. And I'm reading a space opera called Breakeven by Michelle Diener. I hope I can finsh it next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Astonishing Color of After is on my wishlist. My weekly updates

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re reading the books I wish I was reading! I need to get to City of Ghosts and Americanah soon. Have a great week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete