13 September 2019

I'll Be Yours | First Line Friday + The Friday 56

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

Well, it's football season again, so I couldn't resist a football-featuring throwback today. I'll Be Yours is a fun, sweet YA romance.


First Line: Sometimes I stare out my bedroom window, find the North Star, and wonder if it's shining down elsewhere—on the life I was supposed to live.

From Page 56: I should think of happy things. Rainbows. Kitty cats. A Shakespearean sonnet. Two for one night at the Taco Palace.




ABOUT THE BOOK

The day Andrew Levin arrives at Washington High, Harper O’Malley knows he’ll make the perfect starter boyfriend. The school’s newest band geek is totally in Harper’s league, yet completely out of this late-bloomer’s reach. Between fitting in with a new family, scoring the first chair in band, and rescuing dogs for the local animal shelter, Harper’s never had the opportunity to hone her dating skills. But even though Harper’s love life is far from perfect, she’s got the perfect plan.

Harper knows she’s insane to agree to tutor Ridley Estes, a notorious heartbreaker and the star of her high school’s football team—but in exchange, he’s offered to school her in the game of love. Just when she sees promise with her crush, a football scandal rocks her family, her town, and Ridley’s entire future. Harper suddenly has everything to lose—her family, friends, and even her heart. When the dust of the scandal settles, nothing will be the same. Including the girl who asked the most popular jock to teach her about love.



Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really cute book. Hope it isn't too sappy, however. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from “Hold Me” by Alexa Verde:

    “Aileen McKenzie might not make it.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! Today on my blog I shared the first line from Shades of Light by Sharon Garlough Brown but I'm currently reading My Dearest Dietrich by Amanda Barratt so I'll share the first line from chapter 7 here: "Like a rent in fabric formerly whole, the wake of her vater's absence yawned wide and gaping." Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm swooning!!! :-) Happy Friday the 13th weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog I am sharing the first line from Finders Keepers by Sarah Monzon: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/09/12/first-line-friday-101/. It's such a good book. Currently, I am reading book 2 in the series, All of You, so I will share a line from there.

    "England, 1944
    The gangplank bounced under the weight of passengers disembarking the large transatlantic liner -- a veritable Goliath to the small David-like tugboats dotting the harbor."

    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Saturday! I keep seeing this book popping up today and now I really want to read it! Today I'm sharing the first line from The Enlightenment of Bees by Rachel Linden: "The day my world crumbles I am dreaming about pie crust."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/09/first-line-fridays-enlightenment-of-bees.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday! I'm sharing from Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing by Heather Day Gilbert on my blog today, so here is another line from the first page:

    "I cozied up on my blue couch, setting my warm mug of Arabica coffee on the low table in front of me."

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first line is from The Spice King by Elizabeth Camden

    May 1900 Washington D.C.
    Annabelle Larkin hadn’t meant to offend the world’s leading spice tycoon with her bold request, yet it seemed she had.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're enjoying it! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete