08 March 2019

Met Her Match | The Friday 56 & First Line Friday

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

I stumbled upon the Resort to Romance series last week, and I'm hooked. Susan L. Tuttle's (standalone) novella is the third of the series I've readset at a Bahamian resort during a week-long matchmaking event, the fun, romance, and adventure of it is just what I need amidst the current snow and cold (by me). I'm definitely looking forward to the release of the remaining novellas.


First Line: Pemberley Truitt hadn't come to paradise to lose anything; she'd come to find it.

From 56%: He smirked at Pem. "I would, but we have a no-touching rule."




ABOUT THE BOOK

Two old friends. One unexpected reunion.

Parasailing captain Pemberley Truitt has almost grasped a sense of home after two years in the Bahamas. While she misses her family, she’s never felt like she fits in; especially when it comes to TruLove, their family’s matchmaking business. When her brother calls and begs her help with the now struggling company, she’s happy to oblige and obtain the chance to find her place with them. But then she discovers she’ll have to work with Tobias Bradshaw. The last time she saw him, he broke her heart.

Tobias Bradshaw is ready for his love life to be as successful as his winning record in the courtroom. Which is why he agrees to his friend’s two-fold plea: professionally research Joy Island’s matchmaking service and personally be matched himself. No objections there. Until Pemberley Truitt crosses his path again, and she looks about as happy to see him as someone chosen for jury duty. It’s fine. He’s faced hostile witnesses before. Except he soon realizes he wants more than a temporary working relationship. He’s taken on difficult opposition in court before, but this time he’ll need more than a persuasive argument if he hopes to win Pem’s heart.



Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

12 comments:

  1. I love the colours on the cover. It's intrigue me to pick it up.

    My Friday memes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday and Weekend! My first line is from "Castle on the Rise" by Kristy Cambron:

    "Fairy-tale weddings never included rain on the guest list. Or snow - and they had both."

    Here are the first line(s) on page 56:

    "It was soft. And sweet. And over too soon."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice romance. This week I am featuring Murder in Belgravia by Lynn Brittney from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a sweet romance. Please drop by my blog and check out my book. My Friday quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing!

    My first line is from On Magnolia Lane by Denise Hunter; Jack McReady had fallen in love with Daisy in one-hour increments.

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings~��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! My first line is from Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Callahan:

    "From the very beginning it was the Great Lion who brought us together."

    Happy reading!

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/first-line-fridays-becoming-mrs-lewis.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday evening!

    I'm sharing the first line from Tomorrow's First Light by Naomi Rawlings over on my blog: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/03/07/first-line-friday-78/.

    I'm just getting into the book, so I'll share the first line from chapter 2 here:

    "You're really planning to get married?"

    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading! 🙂❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m sharing from Katherine Wentworth by D.E. Stevenson on my blog today. Here’s a semi-random sentence from the e-book page I’m on:

    “All around us were the rolling hills, one behind the other as far as eye could see; they were like huge green billows in a rough Atlantic gale, which had suddenly frozen into a state of immobility. Later they would be clad in heather, purple as the robes of a king.”

    Happy reading and have a wonderful Friday and Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a cute read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I didn't make it around earlier this weekend! This week on my blog I featured Night Road by Kristin Hannah but I'm currently reading Finally Accepted by Toni Shiloh. I'll share the first line from my current chapter (6) here: "Chloe sat out on her apartment deck with a cup of herbal tea and her Bible." Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not my book, but I like the color palette. :)

    ReplyDelete