22 March 2019

The Unexpected Champion | The Friday 56 & First Line Friday

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

The third book in Mary Connealy's High Sierra Sweethearts series released this month! After enjoying Book One last year, I'm excited to catch up with these characters.

If you love Western romance and adventure, make sure you don't miss out on this giveaway, hosted by JustRead.


First Line: Dismal, Nevada—never had a town been named so right.

From Page 56: "Hush, you could give away our hiding place." The lunkhead didn't even stand up. In fact, he seemed to be making himself comfortable.




ABOUT THE BOOK

City dweller John McCall never expected to be out in the High Sierras of 1868 on a wild-goose chase to find the Chiltons' supposedly lost grandson. But now that he's out here, things have gotten even more complicated, mostly due to wildcat Penny Scott. She's not like any woman he's ever met--comfortable in the woods, with a horse, and with a gun.

When Penny and John are taken against their will by a shadowy figure looking for evidence they don't have, both realize they've stumbled into something dangerous and complicated. With their friends and family desperately searching for them, Penny and John must make a daring escape.

When they emerge back into the real world, they are confronted with a kidnapper who just won't stop. They must bring a powerful, ruthless man to justice, even as this city man and country woman fight a very inconvenient attraction to each other.



Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog, I'm sharing the first paragraph from A Silken Thread by Kim Vogel Sawyer: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/03/21/first-line-friday-80/. Currently I'm reading Ladies of Intrigue by Michelle Griep, so I'll share a line from there.

    "Mr. Farris and the soldiers thundered off, but despite the danger disappearing into the dark, Helen's heart still beat an irregular tattoo, for Isaac strode toward her."

    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading! 🙂❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cover and I like those snippets! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday!
    On my blog today I shared the first line from When You Are Near by Tracie Peterson: https://thebeccafiles.com/2019/03/22/first-line-friday-53/ but I'm now currently reading The Baggage Handler by David Rawlings so I'll share the first line from my current chapter (4) here: "David corralled his nerves and forced them into one knee, which bounced an erratic dance as he sat in the reception area of Sisyphus Financial's top floor." Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! My first line is from “How the Light Gets In” by Jolina Petersheim:

    “The caskets were closed, of course.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I'm sharing the first line from The Lady of Tarpon Springs by Judith Miller:

    "Zanna Krykos closed her eyes and offered a silent prayer for God's direction."

    Have a great weekend!

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/first-line-friday-lady-of-tarpon.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good. I hope you are enjoying it. This week I am featuring Grave Witch by Kalayna Price - a book I first read before I started blogging. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday! I'm sharing from General Meade: A Novel of the Civil War by Robert Kofman on my blog, here's the first line from the next book I'll be starting, Beauty in Battle by Robin Patchen:

    "Darkness swallowed Harper's rental home even before Jack navigated his pickup around the corner."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sharing the first line from The King's Mercy by Lori Benton on my blog today, and that's what I'm currently reading. It's my first Lori Benton book and I've heard great things about her writing, so I have high expectations!

    Alex MacKinnon roused to the press of wood beneath his cheek and an ominous churning in his gut.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first line is from chapter 20 of A Hero for Miss Hatherleigh by Carolyn Miller.

    Today had proved a day of wonders, enough to make Caroline almost believe there might be other miracles to be seen from this God the Kirbys trusted.

    ReplyDelete