15 March 2019

Scarlet Moon | The Friday 56 & First Line Friday

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

I do love good fantasy, and I've seen some glowing reviews for S.D. Grimm's Children of the Blood Moon seriesso of course, I'm excited to start reading this first book soon. 


First Line: Jayden tightened her grip on the dagger's hilt and focused on the apple instead of Geoffrey's head.

From Page 56: He'd make it. He had to make it. He was all she had left.




ABOUT THE BOOK

The hunted Feravolk are counting on Jayden, a seventeen-year-old, dagger-wielding, storm-detecting orphan, to save their race. Maybe they should have thought of that before they killed her family. 

The land of Soleden is dying because the sorceress queen hunts and kills the people who cared for all nature, the Feravolk. Through their special bond with animals, the Feravolk have become more than men. Faster, stronger, masters of camouflage and stealth. Only a Deliverer born the night of the Blood Moon can save them from extinction. 

According to prophecy, Jayden is a Deliverer, but it’s not a destiny she wants. She has no sympathy for either side. The Feravolk killed her family, so they can die for all she cares. And fighting the queen with nothing but daggers and her special abilities—storm predicting—is a suicide mission. Destiny can pick someone else. 

Except hiding from destiny proves difficult; Deliverers attract powerful Protectors. Jayden’s is one of the Feravolk, so he can’t be trusted. But he makes her feel safe. Makes her want to save his race. If she chooses to keep hiding, he’ll remain one of the hunted, but he’ll protect her even if it means his death if she faces the queen. Making the right choice has never been so excruciating, especially since the prophecy says nothing about the Deliverer’s success, or survival.



Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog I am sharing the first line from A Hero for Miss Hatherleigh by Carolyn Miller: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/03/14/first-line-friday-79/. I am really enjoying the story! I am currently in the middle of chapter 19, so I will leave a line from that chapter.

    "Gideon waited in the drawing room, not daring to sit down, not daring to pace as he'd like to, in case the stoic footman at the door see him and make a fuss. What was taking her so long?"

    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy reading! 🙂💜📚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good one. I hope you are enjoying it. This week I am spotlighting Geekerella by Ashley Poston. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today on my blog I shared the first line from Fated by Teri Terry but I'm currently reading Dead Letter by Chautona Havig. I just started so I'll share the first line from chapter 2 where I currently am: "Hard benches, spartan furnishings, packed conditions---though she'd purchased a second-class ticket as instructed, Madeline couldn't help but feel like she'd gotten little better than emigrant car accommodations." Hope you have a great weekend! Spring is in the air! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlet Moon sounds like a book I would really enjoy. Jayden sounds like a great character. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I'm sharing the first line from The Memory House by Rachel Hauck:

    "She was never afraid of the dark. But the light? Now that terrified her."

    Have a great weekend!

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/03/first-line-fridays-memory-house-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday and weekend! My first line is from “KNOX: The Montana Marshalls” by Susan May Warren

    “Oh goody, now Knox go to watch his trouble-making little brother break his ornery neck.”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks like a book for me! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is definitely going on my tbr. Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm starting to really enjoy this genre and I like the sound of this one. Love that cover too!

    My Friday 56 from Outre

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday! Over on my blog I’m sharing from the first book in Robin Patchen’s Beauty in Flight trilogy. This is the first line from the second book, Beauty in Hiding:

    “Of course it was raining.”

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard good things about this series!

    I've shared the first line from Crystal Walton's "Romancing the Conflicted Cowboy" on my blog, but since I'm reading Carolyn Miller's "A Hero for Miss Hatherleigh" right now, I'll share the first line of the scene I'm up to (in chapter 5):

    Gideon looked up from the specimen and almost dropped it.

    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete