26 July 2019

Amish Covert Operation | First Line Friday + The Friday 56

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

With a suspenseful twist on the typical Amish story I've read, this new book from Meghan Carver is one I'm interested to pick up soon.


First Line: The steady rhythm of the bicycle did little to calm her nerves.

From Page 56: A thousand thoughts pinged in her mind, but her throbbing leg overrode them.




ABOUT THE BOOK

She witnessed a crime.

Can an agent in disguise keep her safe?

After Amish widow Katie Schwartz’s search for her reclusive brother results in a shooting and her finding a cryptic message, she must rely on federal agent Adam Troyer to shield her. But, undercover as a Plain man, can Adam save her brother’s life and protect Katie? Trusting the handsome Englisch agent is already dangerous…but falling for him could risk everything Katie holds dear.



Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! I haven't started this yet, but my first line (well - 2 lines) is from "Margin of Error" by Christy Barritt:

    "Hunger and anger battled inside him like two storm fronts colliding. A violent friction clashed in his very soul."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog I'm sharing the first line from Cross My Heart by Robin Lee Hatcher: https://christianfictiongirl.blog/2019/07/25/first-line-friday-95/. I'm currently reading Ever Faithful by Karen Barnett, so I'll share the first line from there.

    "Elsie closed her eyes for a moment and breathed in the steamy air, imagining she stood beside Grand Prismatic Spring instead of the massive laundry boiler in the back of the Mammoth Hot Springs Lodge."

    Hope you have an excellent weekend! 🙂❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today on my blog I shared the first line from A Lady's Maid by Jen Geigle Johnson but it's also the book I'm about to dig into so no extra line yet. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Today I'm sharing the first lines from No Ocean Too Wide by Carrie Turansky: "Katie McAlister's heart pounded out a frantic beat as she gripped the rickety railing and rushed down the back stairs."

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/07/first-line-fridays-no-ocean-too-wide-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! I’m sharing from The Yellow Lantern by Angie Dicken today. Here is the first line from Chapter 2:

    “The factory rose above with row upon row of sharp-edged bricks.”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's not every day you see "Amish" and "covert operation" in the same sentence. Lol!

    Have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued by the idea of Amish romantic suspense.

    I'm sharing the first line of Under a Camperdown Elm by Janet Chester Bly on my website today, but my current read is Love and Other Mistakes by debut Australian author Jessica Kate. Here's the first line:

    "Natalie Groves eyed the bag of gingerbread M&Ms on the other side of the office meeting room and prayed for a divine intervention of Red Sea proportions."

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Amish fiction, and this one sounds intriguing. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting opening line. I’m sharing on my blog the first line from Underestimating Miss Cecilia by Carolyn Miller.

    It was, perhaps, the greatest torment to love someone who barely seemed to notice one’s existence.

    ReplyDelete