12 July 2019

Five Days in Skye | First Line Friday + The Friday 56

The Friday 56 is hosted weekly by Freda's Voice.
First Line Friday is hosted weekly by Hoarding Books.

Happy Friday!

Ooh, I'm excited to read this book soon. It re-released earlier this week, and I figure it's about time that I get around to reading it.


First Line: At least they could't fire her.

From Page 56: Andrea hesitated. Delving into personal matters with a client was never a good idea, but James didn't seem the type to let it go. Besides, if she was going to make this deal happen, they needed to venture beyond flirtation and insults.




ABOUT THE BOOK

Andrea Sullivan is so consumed by her hospitality-consultant job that she’s forgotten what brings her joy. She dreads her new assignment―a last chance to snag a high-profile client in Scotland. Yet the lush Isle of Skye transcends her preconceptions. As does the man she must impress, the rugged, blue-eyed Scotsman James MacDonald.

He’s passionate about cooking, but after six restaurants, four cookbooks, and his own television show, he’s grown weary of the scrutiny that comes with living in the public eye.

Soon Andrea and James begin to sense these five days in Skye together may just be God’s wild invitation into deeper life . . . and truer love.



Now, feel free to leave a line from a book near you in the comments below.
And be sure to stop by Hoarding Books and Freda's Voice for a peek into other books.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog I'm sharing the first couple of lines from No Greater Love by Gina Holder. It's a really good book! I'm currently on chapter 25, so I'll share the first line from there.

    "If his sister fluffed his pillow one more time, Hamilton was going to lose his last shred of sanity."

    Hope you have an excellent weekend. 😀❤📚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today on my blog I'm featuring the first line from No Greater Love by Gina Holder but It's also my current read so I'll share the first line from chapter 15 here: "Kathleen tucked her legs under the steering wheel of her rental." Hope you have a great weekend with lots of reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five Days In Skye seems interesting. Also, I like the first line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! My first line is from "Edge of Truth" by Kimberly Rose Johnson:

    "The hair on Kara Nelson's neck prickled as she sat behind the wheel of her car parked near the Miami Beach Marina. Something wasn't right."

    The first line from Chapter 11: "With the sun finally down, Kara dressed in all black and slipped out the back door into the alley."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering what she did after reading that opening. Sounds like a good summer read.

    My Friday 56 from The Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday! I'm sharing from The Crossing at Cypress Creek by Pam Hillman on my blog today. I'm only a few pages in, and this is my favorite line so far:

    "Her stomach did a slow roll at the unexpected lilt of an Irish brogue."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to reread this book! Love Carla’s books. :)

    Today I’m sharing on my blog the first line from The Art of Rivers by Janet W. Ferguson.

    Love, like art, took on different forms with each creator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the snippets and both covers! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today I'm sharing the first lines from A Reluctant Bride by Jody Hedlund: "Hang on a little longer, my lamb. Happy reading and have a great rest of the weekend!

    https://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2019/07/first-line-fridays-reluctant-bride-by.html

    ReplyDelete